Monday, October 29, 2012

Finally... It's done!

It took me quite some time, this baby blanket. Luckily the receiving baby isn't born until december. I had some difficulty getting the right amount of yarn, because the shop where I got it from only opened on tuesdays, fridays and saturdays. I always just buy some yarn and then decide what to do with it, because I like to experiment what it might be right for. This time I decided to use a thicker cotton and to work in circles. I used all the rainbow colors, but since they're not so bright it didn't get too much. (I don't know if that is possible though, too much.  I love rainbow colors...)

Well, here it is!





I made this blanket square, because then I could use all the colors in even numbers. For the lining I used a very soft cotton, you know, the kind that they make sweatpants from. 




I'm so utterly happy it's finally finished! The last part was quite a drag. Finishing of all the little pieces of yarn, and lining it with such a tricky fabric (I like normal cotton best, for it is so easy to handle...).

Oh, and I found the reason why it was impossible to respond. It must be solved now, so please let me know what you think!

Have a lovely inspiring day!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...