Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Flower Square Tutorial VI


A lot of you asked me for the tutorial on the Daisy Travel Blanket Square (Flower Square VI), so here it is! Have fun with it!!

I always use US terms. 
Stitches:
Slip Stitch (ss)
Chain (ch)
Double Crochet (dc)
Hal Double Crochet (hdc)
Triple Crochet (trc)
Triple Crochet Cluster (trcc): Yarn around hook twice, into a dc from previous round, pull trough, yarn over, pull trough 2 loops, yarn over, pull trough 2 loops, there will be 2 loops on hook, yarn over twice, hook in same stich, pull through, yarn over, pull trough 2 loops, yarn over pull through 2 loops, there are 3 loops on the hook now. Yarn over twice, in same stitch, pull through, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull trough 2 loops. There are now 4 loops on your hook, yarn over and pull through all loops. 

I've used a 3,5 hook and 100 % mercerized cotton.


Start with a magic circle or chain 3 and join with a ss. 



Round 1: Ch2, 11 dc into the cicle. Join with a ss. There are 12 stitches now (always double check!!). On the right bottom pic (where the needle is) I show you that I also use the ss in the next round. I always just go through that loop, then you won't see any difference with the other stitches.




Round 2: Change color. Ch 3, 2 trcc into the same stitch, *ch 2, 3 trcc into the next stitch*, repeat * to * 10 times. Ch 2, join with ss. You will have a total of 12 petals. (As you can see on the bottom left pic, when you use the ss from the previous round, you can pull the end of your yellow thread to make it nice and tight again).


Round 3: Change color. Ch 2, 2 hdc in the space between 2 petals, 3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc into the next space. This is you corner. *3 hdc into the next 2 spaces, 3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc into the next space.* Repeat *to* 2 times. 3 hdc into the next space, ch1 and join with ss.


If you want to make the square bigger, like I did, ss into the next stitch, ss in the space between the 3 hdc and 3 dc from the previous round. 


Round 4: Ch 2, 2 dc into the space, 3 dc into every next space. In the corners; 3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc into the same space. Join with a ss. That's your square.




I also made some pictures on how to finish of your loose ends. This might be helpful. I always put the needle where I want it to go, before I put the thread into the needle.




Well, I hope you all enjoy this!!

Have a loving day!



Anja Simonsen has made a Danish translation of this tutorial. If you wish to use it, just email me and I'll send it to you. Thanks Anja!!


Follow on Bloglovin



46 comments:

  1. Thank you -- this is a lovely square!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this pattern which is so fresh and pretty. Thank you very much for making this tutorial and offering it as a free gift of your lovely work! My hook is ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pattern is gorgeous - thanks for sharing it. I am already drooling whilst looking through possible yarn combinations on my favourite websites! Your colours are gorgeous - what yarn did you use? Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely, thank you for sharing your pattern
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. the colors looks so fab together...!! beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much.
    you are very nice person
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. hallo do you have a tutorial how to join the blocks. Just love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. But since I get this question often, I might do it in the future. I just don't know when yet. I used simple single crochets to join these, but normally I would use the join as you go method.

      Delete
    2. Hello. Thanks you so much for sharing this pattern. It is absolutely beautiful! My question is: what does *trough* stand fir?

      Delete
  8. How much yarn did you buy to make this? It's so springy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love, love love! what brand of yarn did you use? it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes please...gorgeous colors...what Yarn did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wat een vrolijke boel hier.
    Om blij van te worden.
    Groetjes,
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice! I would also like to know what yarn and how much, please. Mercerized cotton comes in several different sizes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I look forward to trying this one day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for the tutorial! Can't wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wat een leuke deken! Ik heb zojuist het eerste vierkant gehaakt en heb twee vraagjes/opmerkingen. Je haakt in ronde 3 aan het eind nog een losse voor je 'm vastmaakt met een slipstitch. Is dat echt nodig want dit staat niet in je patroontekening. En bij de ronde 4 ben je in de tekst vergeten te melden dat er in de hoeken 3 lossen moeten tussen de clusters van 3 stokjes. Komt wel goed als je de tekening erbij 'pakt' maar ik vermoed dat niet iedereen die bekijkt/snapt. Verder werd ik erg blij van je foto's over het afwerken aan de achterkant. Dat zie je niet vaak! Bedankt voor het delen van dit patroon. Ik kom graag op je weblog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bedankt voor je opmerkingen. Die losse mag je natuurlijk weglaten als je dat wilt. Ik vind het mooier met. Maar ik pas meteen die 3 losse in de hoeken aan, die was ik vergeten.

      Delete
  17. Thanks everyone! I love to do this. I get lots of questions on the yarn. In the sidebar you can click on the label YARN and there you can find info on the yarn I usually use. I don't keep track of the amount of yarn I use, sorry. Maybe I can try it in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Question?? I think there should be 12 DC in the magic circle. Am I right or am doing something wrong. I have tried it SEVERAL times and the only way I get 12 petals is by doing 12 DC for total of 13 (Ch 2 plus 12 DC).

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do Ch 2 11 dc. If you look at the first set of 4 pictures you can see I also use the slipstitch. That makes a total of 12 stitches. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I see it now. I have made 3 squares so far using 12 Dc and it still looks good. Thanks for answering.

      Delete
  20. Hi Jenn! thanks for this fabulous tutorial, could be an amazing baby blanket! I like your blog, all your creation are so colorful and fresh!
    ciaoo
    :::Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can you tell me how you done the border?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I will put the tutorial for the border on my to-to list... Its kind of long, but it'l come, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can you give me a idea how it goes?
    I'm done with the blanket all but border.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Omg just been looking at your crochet and I must say it is absolutely fantastic you are a very talented lady .I just love it

    ReplyDelete
  25. How many squares has your blanket please

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am having a problem with my flower not laying flat as I work on row 2. Any idea why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be your hook size. Maybe you need to try a few sizes bigger?

      Delete
  27. Hello. Thanks you so much for sharing this pattern. It is absolutely beautiful! My question is: what does *trough* stand fir?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, I am sure that is an accidental typo which is suppose to be "through" instead of "trough." That is what makes sense, anyway. This blanket is beautiful! I may make it sometime in the future, but I wish I had the pattern for the border...perhaps I can figure it out or makeup my own. :)

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry! I will do a tutorial, but my list is very loooonnnggg at the moment. Maybe for the time being you can find a pretty edge on pinterest or use the one in my sidebar...

      Delete
  28. Hi everyone. I am new here and already I'm in love with the vibrant colors let alone the patterns. I am looking at all the options upper right and don't see one for print. Am I not allowed to print the pattern off? Thanks for any help in this regard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are allowed, but I have no idea how that works. Sorry! good luck!

      Delete
  29. Hi Jenn, thanks for sharing these stunning patterns, i have made the flower square blanket, but i'm stuck on what edging to do, could you tell us what you did around the edges, thanks again jen x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi , what a wonderfull blanket, will you email me the Danish translation?? My email is : holmsusanne73@gmail.com Thank you :O) Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really be happy to get this in Danish
    My mail is betti-boo@live.do
    Thanks <3

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi! I just ran into this pattern last night and I love it!, I started crocheting a baby blanket for my niece. Im wondering if there is a pattern for joining this granny square?, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ik zocht een toffe square met bloemen om een lente trui/poncho mee te maken en dankzij jou heb ik die gevonden!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This looks so pretty! I can't wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 01 09 10