Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Flower Square Tutorial VI

A lot of you asked me for the tutorial on the Daisy Travel Blanket Square (Flower Square VI), so here it is! Have fun with it!!

I always use US terms. 
Slip Stitch (ss)
Chain (ch)
Double Crochet (dc)
Hal Double Crochet (hdc)
Triple Crochet (trc)
Triple Crochet Cluster (trcc): Yarn around hook twice, into a dc from previous round, pull trough, yarn over, pull trough 2 loops, yarn over, pull trough 2 loops, there will be 2 loops on hook, yarn over twice, hook in same stich, pull through, yarn over, pull trough 2 loops, yarn over pull through 2 loops, there are 3 loops on the hook now. Yarn over twice, in same stitch, pull through, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull trough 2 loops. There are now 4 loops on your hook, yarn over and pull through all loops. 

I've used a 3,5 hook and 100 % mercerized cotton.

Start with a magic circle or chain 3 and join with a ss. 

Round 1: Ch2, 11 dc into the cicle. Join with a ss. There are 12 stitches now (always double check!!). On the right bottom pic (where the needle is) I show you that I also use the ss in the next round. I always just go through that loop, then you won't see any difference with the other stitches.

Round 2: Change color. Ch 3, 2 trcc into the same stitch, *ch 2, 3 trcc into the next stitch*, repeat * to * 10 times. Ch 2, join with ss. You will have a total of 12 petals. (As you can see on the bottom left pic, when you use the ss from the previous round, you can pull the end of your yellow thread to make it nice and tight again).

Round 3: Change color. Ch 2, 2 hdc in the space between 2 petals, 3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc into the next space. This is you corner. *3 hdc into the next 2 spaces, 3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc into the next space.* Repeat *to* 2 times. 3 hdc into the next space, ch1 and join with ss.

If you want to make the square bigger, like I did, ss into the next stitch, ss in the space between the 3 hdc and 3 dc from the previous round. 

Round 4: Ch 2, 2 dc into the space, 3 dc into every next space. In the corners; 3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc into the same space. Join with a ss. That's your square.

I also made some pictures on how to finish of your loose ends. This might be helpful. I always put the needle where I want it to go, before I put the thread into the needle.

Well, I hope you all enjoy this!!

Have a loving day!

Anja Simonsen has made a Danish translation of this tutorial. If you wish to use it, just email me and I'll send it to you. Thanks Anja!!

Follow on Bloglovin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...