Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tutorial Color Bomb Flower Square

This is going to be my first tutorial, so feel free to comment when you miss something or have tips.


I particularly like this patterns because of all the colors. I used 8 different colors for this pillow and they are all very very bright and vibrant. I also used a lot of white for the contrast in colors. It feels like summer to me.





Chain 4, join with a slip stitch.
Round 1 (pic's 1,2): Chain 2 (most people would chain 3, I always chain 2=double crochet, if you like to chain 3 then use this method all through the pattern), work 15 dc into the ring (16 in total), join with sl st in the 2nd chain from the first chain 2 (or 3rd in the chain 3 if you chose to use 3).

Round 2 (Pic's 3,4): Change color. You'll need to work into the back loops of the double crochets. Chain 2, 1 dc into the next 2 stitches, ch 2, 1 dc in same stitch, 1 dc into next 4 stitches, ch 2, 1 dc into same stitch, 1 dc into the next 4 stitches, ch 2,1 dc into same stitch, 1 dc into next 4 stitches, ch 2,  1 dc in same stitch, 1 dc into next 2 stitches, join with sl st.


Round 3 (pic's 5-7): Same color, ch 2, 1 dc into the next 3 stitches, 1dc+ch 2+1dc into the chain 2 space of round 2, 1 dc into the next 6 stitches, 1dc+ch 2+1dc into the chain 2 space of round 2, 1 dc into the next 6 stitches, 1dc+ch 2+1dc into the chain 2 space of round 2, 1 dc into the next 6 stitches, 1dc+ch 2+1dc into the chain 2 space of round 2, 1 dc into the next 2 stitches. Join with a sl st.
(If you want to make the square bigger, expand in the same way as round 3.)

For the flower (Pic. 8), work into the front loop of the centre circle.
Join a new color *chain 1, 3 dc into next loop, ch1, sl st into next loop, repeat* 7 times.
(I changed the pattern a little. The original flower was with 4 dc instead of 3, but I think the petals curl too much. This looks better, I think).




To join these squares I used a simple single crochet stitch. You can also sew them together for a flatter result.



Hope you can use it. Please tell me if it's clear or not.

Follow on Bloglovin


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...