Thursday, September 27, 2018

Flower Square 8 Tutorial



So, I did it. I made my first tutorial in years! I was a little rusty. And maybe the photo's aren't the best quality... But I'm working on it. Anywho, here it comes!

As in all of my tutorials, I use US terms:
Stitches:
Slip Stitch (ss)
Chain (ch)
Double Crochet (dc)
Half Double Crochet (hdc)
Double Crochet Cluster (2dcc/3dcc): Yarn around hook, into a dc from previous round, pull trough, yarn over, pull trough 2 loops, there will be 2 loops on your hook, yarn over , hook in same stitch, pull through, yarn over, pull trough 2 loops, there are 3 loops on the hook now. Yarn over and pull through all loops. 


To get started: Chain 4, join with slipstitch.
Round 1: Chain 2, 15 double crochets in initial chain-4 circle, join with ss in top stitch of first ch2. You have 16 stitches in total.


Round 2: Chain 2 in any stitch, dc in same stitch, chain 1. Now make a 2dcc, 1ch into the next 11 stitches. I use the ss from the previous round as a stitch as shown in the picture (see needle). Join with ss in top stitch of the first ch2. (See pic).


Round 3: Chain 2 in a ch1 space from the previous round, dcc into same space, chain 2. Into the next 15 ch1 spaces, make a 3dcc (so with an extra dc). In the previous round it was a 2 dc cluster, now we make 3dc clusters. (See photo's). Join with ss in top stitch of the first ch2. (See pic).


Round 4: Into the last chain 2 space of the previous round, ch2, 2 dc, ch2, 3dc. This is your first corner. *into the next space, 3hdc, into the next 3sc, into the next, 3 hdc, into the next 3 dc, ch2, 3dc*. Repeat * to * until you've reached your initial corner. Join with ss in top stitch of the first ch2. (See pic).



That's is. Finish off the loose ends and proceed as a normal granny square if you like (3 dc's in every space between and 3dc, ch2, 3dc into each corner).



My cushion is all finished. It turned out just the way I wanted, a real colorbomb! And I do like the off white instead of the bright white I usually used. To join the squares I used the join-as-you-go method.



Hope it's clear and will get you going! Let me know what you think. Have a yarn filled day!



By the way: You can find me on Instagram and also Facebook again...

Follow this blog with Bloglovin'

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 01 09 10