Friday, February 19, 2021

Lockdown blues (or pinks, oranges and yellows...)

























So, it's been a while. I've been feeling this urge these last few months. The urge to reach out, to share what I've been doing. What I've been thinking, feeling. These are crazy times and it's about time to send some color into the world. 


Although I've been mostly drawing and painting last year, I couldn't stop myself from a little crochet here and there. I still love to play with yarn to insert a pop of colorful happiness into my (and my families') life. Over the last few days I've been especially 'hooked'. I'm making a bag for myself with this pretty square I designed.

























The annoying thing is, we are still in lockdown, which means I'm not able to go to my favorite 2 yarn shops. I'm not able to get all that I need to finish my bag. I discovered how much I love to go to those shops and feel materials, choose a certain type of rings/yarn/color and take my time doing so. I also really miss going to the thrift shop, since that is a place that inspires me and relaxes me, always surprising me with something colorful I didn't know I needed... 























I know, I know, I'm spoiled. If those are the worst of m worries, I shouldn't moan about it. And it's true: there's not much more to complain about. My (by now 14 and 11 year old) girls are behaving nicely and are still happy. We are all making the best of it and are still getting along, having fun, enjoying life. If anything, I realize this whole Covid situation brought us closer together. I actually missed my youngest when primary schools opened again last week. Am even looking forward to the upcoming vacation next week, even though we have to stay home. I'm blessed. But still...

























I need a little color and yarn to lift my spirit, some interaction with fellow creators who are looking forward to new beginnings too. My heart goes out to all the shop owners and I really hope they pull through. I can't wait! Until then I try to keep myself busy by crocheting bags and hot water bottle covers.


What is your Creative Covid Lockdown Project? Let me know and have an inspirational day!





Follow this blog with Bloglovin'

11 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to see you coming back to your blog with your gorgeous, colourful and uplifting crochet. I have missed you!
    I have done lots of crochet during the last year, starting of with a January sunrise blanet at the beginning 2020. The two latest projects have been a temperature blanket and a heart-shaped crochet cushion which is still a work in progress.

    If you would like to see either of these projects, you can look at this link:
    https://reflectionsandnature.blogspot.com/2021/01/winter-walks-and-crochet.html for the blanket and this one:https://reflectionsandnature.blogspot.com/2021/02/why-blog.html
    for the cushion. Otherwise my 2020 crochet is dotted all through my blog entries for the year, including this one!

    I love all your crochet here with a soft spot for the very first one because of the colour harmony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to hear from you and see that you are still blogging/crocheting. I especially love your temperature blanket. It's very colorful and vibrant.
      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Welcome,I am happy, that you returned , greetings from anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colorful work so much! Happy to see you again. Keep posting. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colorful crochet so much! Happy to see you again. Keep posting. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for bringing colors again in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you on all of it. In Canada we are in the same situation. Amazing how this has affected so many people in different ways. I've been fortunate enough to have been able to work from home all this time. I've taken up painting as well since last year. Just recently picked up some crochet again as well. Keep calm and carry yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, isn't it wonderful how a crisis always makes people more creative in different ways? Thanks for your comment and stay positive while carrying yarn. wink

      Delete
  8. Hi there, nice to see you again. I came across your blog for the first time in 2016 and really liked your work.Too bad you stopped posting here.I hope to see more of your work in the future.Crocheting was also my creative pastime during the lockdown in 2020 and blankets seem to be my favourite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 01 09 10