Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Travel Granny Scraps Blanket


I forgot to show you guys the result of my Granny Scraps Blanket. It's become quite the Color Bomb hasn't it? I love it. I fell in love with a new color, Navy Blue... Always saw that as a boring color, but I love the way it makes all the other colors POP, even the grey!


Lots of pink, of course, and yellow. I think it's quite happy, don't you? Made this in 3 days. It's another Travel Blanket. Nice and small... Just the way I like it!


This very simple edging has become my new favorite. Most of you know how I like simple edgings. When I've finally finished a blanket, I don't want to use an edging that's gonna take me hours more... And I think it keeps the focus on the most important thing, THE BLANKET.


I might be using the grey and the navy a bit more... There are still many MANY scraps left, so I have my work cut out for me. But first I'll enjoy my Thai friends for a few days, who I've missed for 2 years. Next week I will talk some Basic Action!


Of course, this blanket is for sale in my Etsy Shop, here.

Have a happy wednesday!! And a nice rest of the week...



Follow on Bloglovin


27 comments:

  1. Only three days....goodness you are fast! I think the grey sets it off beautifully.
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever since a few months I've reached TURBO. I can make stuff much faster now. Just practice lots and lots...

      Delete
  2. Marvelous blanket! I love the colors in it, colorful yet not eye tiring :) Great job!

    I am making one of your flower potholders, will post the result once it is done :) It is coming along nicely so far. Thanks for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx for the compliment. I always love my potholder pattern and keep doing it every now and then. I am looking forward to seeing your version!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely adore your use of colour! One day I'll master crochet and make my girl one just as colourful :)

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and it IS lovely to be able to crochet. Just watch a lot of youtube videos and you'll be crocheting in no-time!

      Delete
  4. I totally love your blanket and now I am going to do a blanket posting that makes me feel like the Cinderella around here! I think it was so clever to use navy in the edge as well as a few squares as it gives depth to the final look that is very pleasing on the eye. The grey, hmmm now this is the grey I am still thinking you should be painting your craft room walls! See how it pops the colour, yet it is neutral without it being boring. Our house interior is painted in that silvery grey and even though one should think it is a cold colour, it is not a dead grey. The light dances on this colour and enhances the silvery feeling :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I resorted to a different posting LOL

      Delete
    2. I know you love gray! You use a lot of it too. I love your work, though I find gray too cold. I cannot feel comfortable in it. That's why I think I will go for a light beige type of color. A bit less cold... Still almost gray though! Have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  5. Love! Love! Love! Love! Love this blanket! Excellent job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx! I like comments like this. I can feel your enthusiasm.

      Delete
  6. Wow, this is amazing quilt:-)
    Ajka

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inderdaad, de blauwe kleur maakt het leuk anders! Maar al je kleurencombinaties vind ik altijd zo treffend! Groetjes Talitha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dat vind ik altijd leuk om te horen. Blij dat het je kan bekoren! Fijn weekend!

      Delete
  8. Cute blanket - I really like the edging - are you going to spill the beans on how you did it?? I would love to edge a blanket like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on several tutorials at the moment, but I can reveal that there will be a tutorial on this edging. Just will take some time, maybe...

      Delete
  9. En dat helemaal in maar drie dagen? Ongelooflijk! Prachtig resultaat!
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik haak ondertussen in turbo-stand. Gelukkig maar, want ik kan mijn eigen ideeen nooit bijhouden...

      Delete
  10. I love it x your colours are perfect x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great compliment. (Especially coming from you!). Thank you!

      Delete
  11. http://lunamondesign.blogspot.no/2014/11/inspiration-blankets-tepper.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 01 09 10