Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pastel Color Bomb Blanket


Yes, it took me ages, I know... Actually, this blanket was finished a few weeks ago. Somehow I forgot to take pictures of it. I don't know why, 'cause I really think it's a beauty...


I love all the shades of pink. And I love that it's kind of pastel, although that's not my usual choice of colors... The yellow center is a nice contrast, I think.



It's very soft too (and heavy!!). I used 3 kinds of yarn, all 100 % cotton. Catania Grande (for the center), Creative Cotton and Drops Paris. I used a size 5,5 hook.


It matches perfectly with the Flower Square (Stroller) Blanket I made earlier. Same edging and colors. Think I'm gonna make a bigger edition too, someday... You can find a tutorial for the squares here.


And the tutorial for the edging is to be found here


I must say, looking at these pictures I'm quite proud. I think it's going to be in my Etsy shop (I'm opening in Januari 2014), but it might be hard to part from. Maybe I should make more...

Have an active wednesday!


Follow on Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. Wonderful blanket, congatulations, love anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een mooie kleuren gebruik je voor al je projecten. Deze deken is ook prachtig.

    Groetjes Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenn, I am your latest follower from India. I just loved your blog and the "color bombs". Your choice of color is just fantastic. And your blog has a very happy and cheery feel. Loved the circle in a square tutorial and also your idea of doing away with the TV!! :)
    Regards
    Sangeetha www.crochetkari.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice of you to join me Sangeetha. You are very welcome! Hope you'll be inspired.

      Delete
  4. Jenn this is stunning! I am using the same idea in a throw, but with very different colours and joining method. I was so tempted to do a "Le Casa de Coto" throw in cream and red but eventually settled for something more colourful. It is such effortless hooking, I am enjoying every moment of it. Your work is just so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing your results. I always enjoy working with lots of colors too! But you already knew that...

      Delete
  5. I love the pastel color bomb blanket and would love to make one. Where can I find the pattern?

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx for all the nice compliments everyone. I myself cannot get enough of these pics... It looks so sweet and soft. Oh, how I love crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very lovely! I know it takes ages... I'm working on a blanket/throw myself now.
    Are you going to use it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanx! I'm planning on opening my Etsy shop in January, so I don't think I'll use it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jenn! What a stunning blanket...your colours, the yarn and your PICS are all simply gorgeous! I want to start one NOW. Thank you too for entering the Made It challenge, so excited to have you join in!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. (oops, I signed in with an old account - its Maryanne from Woolhogs xxx)

    Hello Jenn! What a stunning blanket...your colours, the yarn and your PICS are all simply gorgeous! I want to start one NOW. Thank you too for entering the Made It challenge, so excited to have you join in!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Maryanne and welcome to my blog! I'm excited about joining your challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Jenn,
    I emailed you earlier today but I'm not sure if my email went through so I thought I would try again, just in case.
    Firstly, your blog inspires me to create to NO END!! Thank you for the bright colours and immense inspiration you've passed on!
    I am just dying to start the PASTEL COLOUR BOMB BLANKET. I was wondering if you have a pattern for it and and how much of each colour you used for the blanket. I have purchased some yarn but I'm wondering if I have enough. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 01 09 10