Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Little Break


My last post got me thinking... Maybe it's time for a little break. Need to get some stuff organized (in my house as well as my head). It's a holiday week here, and I'm running around, needing to do so much stuff and wanting to do so much other stuff... I need to slow down for a few days. Otherwise I will go away this weekend all stressed out.


Did want to show you some pic's though. This one is wonderful isn't it? It's so cheap and easy that it's funny. Most of all it remembers me of Thailand, where English grammar isn't an issue at all! Keep calm to shopping', and 'Keep calm go to travel', hilarious. In Chaing Mai there was a carwash with the pay off: 'The best hand job in town!' And there is a band called 'Suck Seed', stuff like that. Everywhere over the city you can eat 'hambergers'. O, how I miss Thailand sometimes...


Got me some reading material for the next few days. Flow, my favorite Dutch magazine, nowadays also available here in English. And the English Mollie Makes. It's featuring (not sure if this is correct) a pattern from Revlie from REVolution. It's a very cute Medusa haired crochet doll. She wrote a post about it here. (BTW how do you like my chestnut spiderweb?? Always make these with the kids and my mother used to make them with us when I was young, love them! Then I know autumn has started...)


And well, got me some rainbow candles. I mean, nothing makes me happier than rainbow colors, so...

So, I will be gone for a week and fuel up! Have an autumny week! (It's 22 Celsius here, crazy! CRAZY!!!)

7 comments:

  1. Geniet even lekker van wat rust, hier ook een tandje terug. Ik wil m'n huis opruimen (net als jij dus), lekker op de bank haken en breien, leuke dingen doen met de kids, vanavond sushi eten. En nu ik zo naar jouw regenboogkaarsen kijk weet ik het zeker, niks geen sombere herfstkleuren in mijn huis, ik wil kleur! En daar ga ik deze week aan werken. Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik geef je groot gelijk. Snap zelf ook nooit zo die behoefte aan suffe/sombere kleuren. Juist die felle kleuren fleuren de boel een beetje op!

      Delete
    2. pst ik heb nu nog taupe en beige kleurige kussens op de bank omdat manlief dat zo rustgevend vindt... ow hellup ik gruwel ervan. Mijn gehaakte deken ligt er nu half overheen maar ik voel andere hoezen aankomen hahaha!

      Delete
    3. Da's grappig, ik heb ook zo ineens de behoefte om mijn huis gewoon heel vrolijk te maken!! En manlief snapt dat niet, maar gelukkig mag ik mijn gang gaan! Doe lekker rustig aan allemaal, en opruimen werkt zo goed!! bij mij wel tenminste. groetjes van Ellebel

      Delete
  2. Your home always looks so bright and cheery, I just love the addition of the rainbow candles. They look great displayed all in a row, with the reflection from the mirror doubling the amount. A really clever illusion. I know how manic holiday weeks can be, so step away for a moment and do the things that are important. Try and relax into the weekend. You deserve to enjoy it. Will be here upon your return Jenn, waiting to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time away and Keep calm and relax !

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love all the colours in your posts, but hope you get to relax and have a break :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 01 09 10