Friday, June 20, 2014

Granny Square Blanket


This is what I've been working on. The so-called Mystery Project I told you guys about. I'm progressing quite quickly! I found a new way of being more efficient and it's working out well.


Remember this Granny Square Blanket? Well, I got an order last week to make this blanket, just a little bigger. I remembered loving making this blanket so much, that I immediately agreed. I can use the same colors and exactly the same edging.


So I started as soon as my other order was finished and am progressing rather quickly. I just need to join the squares and make the edging. Oh, how all these colors make me happy! And you?


But I thought, why not use this opportunity to make a tutorial for you guys. I got lots of requests to do so, and now I will. I hope it will be available in the Color 'n Cream Shop next week (maybe one week later... we'll see...).


I've also decided to sell at the Sunday Market at the Westergas Fabriek, on sunday the 6th of July. It's very exciting and I'm crocheting my butt of to fill a whole table of 3 x 1 meter. I must say, I've got my work cut out for me... But I enjoy every minute of it!


Anywho, it's almost weekend now and I'm preparing a big Thai meal tonight for a group of my friends and family. I really love to cook for others and love the Thai kitchen, do you?


Leaving you guys now. Have a lovely relaxing weekend!


15 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Gorgeous! These colour combinations are very beautiful. I love your blog. Elsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooow great job!

    greatings send you Conny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Très beau choix de couleurs et great job! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours. I can see why you enjoy making this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. moin....oooh wat mooi...so nice...♥♥♥ Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beaut! Would love to come to the market the 6th.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a Great work !
    I like all the colours and it makes me think of summer..and holidays.
    Miss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a fan of this blanket! A few months ago I started making mini squares from my stash and joining them in groups of 4, and thought I could then join the groups of 4 together. The squares are nothing like yours, the are solid and only two rounds. When I saw this in your Etsy store, and now here, I fell in love! I just today noticed you may be joining squares created by the joining of 4 smaller squares! I know that I would buy a tutorial for this pattern! Joining squares is one thing, but creating a blanket from them is something else altogether! I'd need help to do that! Would you be interested in sharing how you chose colors? Like is your next round a complimentary or contrasting color as part of the tutorial? I get stuck trying to decide what to do next (when there are so many colors!), and often don't get the visual effects I envisioned. You are very artistic in your uses of color. And I love your choices. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maschelle, Nice to hear from you. It's already in the making. About the color... I do a lot instinctively, but will try to explain it in the tutorial. Thanks for the question, because now I know an extra to put into the tutorial. Have a happy weekend!

      Delete
  9. You are a genius. I love your work and your colors. Especially the color!
    I learned a lot from you. Your blog is pretty much my homepage. I'm a beginner, I learned to hook in November.
    I also want to make such a blanket.
    Thank you for you share.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Je suis très contente d'avoir découvert ton blog ... je débute le crochet et suis devenue addict !!
    Ton blog est harmonieux, coloré et joyeux !!
    A très bientôt, Nedj from FRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  11. What yarn do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am learning to crochet because I am so inspired by what you have created. I love your colour choices!! You are very talented

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 01 09 10